All original Unwoman songs are released under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commericial Share-Alike license. HOWEVER -- preventing all commercial use is more restrictive than Unwoman intends.
What is and isn't allowed in commercial use of Unwoman source material (assuming you=musician or producer completing a remix):
- You have non-exclusive rights to use Unwoman content or samples on your albums or websites: if you sell your remixes Unwoman may sell them too; if you share them for free Unwoman may also do so if she chooses.
- Your commercial permission does not extend to advertising tie-ins or sync rights for any commercial film, video, game, or website. For such uses, permission may or may not be granted by Unwoman.
- Your choosing to complete an Unwoman remix does not guarantee any consideration from Unwoman for your work.
- If either Unwoman or you earn a profit over $10,000 directly from selling a remix, money will change hands in an equitable manner to be decided.
- Mp3 tagging or titling (for CD listings and digital music stores) of derivative works MUST include "featuring Unwoman" or "remix of Unwoman" in either artist or title field.
- Use of short samples is exempt from these considerations, but you must inform Unwoman that you are using samples of her material.
- Ad-supported or pay websites not run by Unwoman's associates which enable any downloads or steams of Unwoman content not hosted on Unwoman-sanctioned servers (unwoman.com, bandcamp.com, etc) are in breach of the Creative Commons license. This includes youtube channels with ads enabled!